Tel 01723 871028
What to do in
Whitby is buzzing all year
here are just a few suggestions
- Buy a twice-weekly
Whitby Gazette from any newsagent for details of what’s on at the Pavilion or
Coliseum and around the Pubs.
- Visit the Information Centre opposite the Co-op supermarket
for free leaflets and specific advice.
- During the year, Whitby has many festivals such as Regatta
week, Folk week, Captain Cook Festival and the Gothic weekends. All great
- If the weather is fine the beach
from Whitby to Sandsend is clean and safe.
- A trip out to sea on Whitby’s old lifeboat
or the Endeavour replica give you
beautiful views of the coast.
- Fishing off the pier is simple with a hand line and mussel
bait from one of the tackle shops.
- You can go out to sea for a full or
half day boat fishing with tackle included and catch your own tea.
- Heartbeat fans mustn’t miss a day out in Goathland
in the series).
- At Ruswarp you can hire a rowing boat or canoe on the River
Esk or ride the miniature steam railway.
- Robin Hood's Bay and
Staithes are pretty fishing Villages well worth a
- The North York Moors Steam Railway runs from Grosmont to
- Whitby has an indoor
swimming pool if you don't fancy a dip in the sea.
- Pannet Park Museum gives you a great sense of Whitby’s
history including dinosaur fossils and model boats.
- Captain Cooks House on Grape Lane is interesting.
- Check out the new Abbey
visitor centre before touring the Abbey.